Wednesday, February 10, 2016

9 on the 9th (The Delayed Reaction Version)

I realize today is the 10th, yet I aimed to do this yesterday, but by the time evening got here I was so tired that I knew I would't be able to stay awake to get this done!

Rebecca over at Sweet Ladi Jane started a new series and I thought it would be a fun thing to do!  It's called 9 on the 9th and you share nine things that are your favorite, a new find, or a new obsession.  This should be fun!!

1.  Gold.  For some reason, after years of not wearing gold at all in any capacity, I have a newfound love for it!  For Christmas Allison and I got gold Alex and Ani bff charm bracelets.


My iphone 6 plus is gold, so I got a matching gold glitter case that's really fun to go on it.

I had my friend, Stephanie, do me two shirts with gold vinyl.


And of course I had to order me some earrings so that I would have some gold earrings to match the shirts. 



I may need an intervention.



2.  My curls.  I've discussed this before, but for years I hated them...always felt like I never fit in with other girls and that I never had that put together look because of my crazy hair.  Now that I'm approaching 40 I am finding that I just don't care anymore!  I can honestly say that I love my curls and I'm glad I was cursed with blessed with them.



3.  Politics.  I'm a closet political junkie.  I secretly love this time of the year!  I never discuss it, though, because I don't care for confrontation and nothing gets on my nerves worse than someone cramming their political views down your throat.  To me, politics are personal.  I don't mind sharing my views if someone asks, but don't tell me I'm ignorant because I see things the way that I see them.  I think there are very few politicians who are absolutely honest and that aren't just power hungry, so you just have to try to make the best decision based on the issues that are the most important to you.  I have never necessarily indentified with either party.  I have voted for republican candidates before, and I've also voted democrat as well.  My grandparents were democrats and were proud of it!  My nana even did a letter writing campaign for Kerry/Edwards a few years back, in which she sent a letter to my husband and also my sister's husband because they were republican and not planning to vote for them!  We had a lot of laughs over that one!



4.  Speaking of politics, then it's no surprise that House of Cards is probably my absolute favorite political junkie show.  I can't wait until a new season comes out on Netflix on March 4th!  If you like politial shows, then this one may be for you.  Kevin Spacey plays Frank Underwood, or F.U., a South Carolina senator turned POTUS and Robin Wright Penn plays his wife, Claire.  Lots of supporting cast members and twists and turns around every corner!  I can't say enough about it!  It's fabulous!!



5.  Thursday night television.  It's back on tomorrow night, y'all!!

Grey's Anatomy

Scandal

and my personal favorite.....How to Get Away With Murder

I've watched all of these since the beginning and love them all...though Grey's lulled a little last year I'm still hanging in there.  Doesn't seem right to jump ship when I've watched for so long.



6.  These earrings.

I got them a few years back when I had a Premiere Jewelry party.  I love them so much!  I wear them when I dress up and I wear them with leggings and a hoodie for the ball field!  They are my favorite earrings of all time!


7.  All things monogrammmed.  My sweet and beautiful friend, Stephanie (that I mentioned above) monograms anything and everything.  I'd be afraid to try and count up everything she's done for me.  I have many, many shirts and hoodies, some flip flops, and some baseball earrings!  Hey, I'm from the south.  Monogramming is what we do.  She's fabulous and can do anything.  Check out her Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/fluffypinkflamingo/  She also has an Etsy page and an Instagram page both of which you can find links to on her FB page. 



8.  Baseball.  I'm super excited about baseball right now.  Hunter, my just turned 14, 6'2" - 240lb 8th grader made the varsity baseball team and their first scrimmage is tomorrow evening.  Now granted, he will probably still play some JV ball as well, but he's still excited that his coach felt he was capable enough of a player to help them out at the varsity level some too.  He has played baseball for years and started playing travel ball when he was around 10.  Baseball is as much a part of our lives like eating and sleeping.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  He loves it and we have the best time with our baseball family!




9.  Light Blue perfume by Dolce and Gabanna

It's my all time favorite perfume.  I've worn it exclusively for probably four years now.  It's one of those smells that is just good.  I was trying to think of how to describe it, so I googled a description which calls it "A stunning perfume, overwhelming and irresistible like the joy of living. The scent is surprisingly colored with the liveliness of Sicilian citron, the happiness of Granny Smith apple, and the spontaneity of bluebells. Feminine and resolute notes are expressed with the intensity of jasmine, the freshness of bamboo, and the charm of white rose. The deep and true base embodies the character of cedarwood, the fullness of amber, and the embrace of musk."  I will say, if I read that before trying it, I wouldn't want to smell it!  haha  It's amazing though.  Give it a try the next time you are in the market for a new scent.

This was fun and I hope you enjoyed it!  I'd love to hear your favorite 9 on the 9th (or the 10th..who says it's not ok to be fashionably late?)  If you do this on your blog, be sure to leave me a comment with your blog link so I can check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment